Saturday, March 6, 2010

Several Nursery Design Plans Unveiled!

So, we're having two girls! I have been secretly hoping we'd have two of the same sex as it is much easier to shop for and plan for two same sex babies... One thing I had hoped would be easier was picking out some bedding for the nursery... this is not so!

I searched every ridiculously overpriced baby store looking for bedding. I knew exactly what I wanted, but couldn't find anything that remotely resembled it. Until I found this! It is old-fashioned and delicate, but no frills here!!



I am also having some artwork made by an artist friend that is inspired from these prints!



Here's a few pics of the progress we've made thus far on the room- so far it's been painted a lovely "springtime" and we've got the cribs and changing table together (Courtesy of Hamilton Life Church!)


Our double cribs! 


The room has incredible windows!

We plan on hanging these curtains to give some privacy, but to also allow all of the beautiful natural light into the room! 


I have my crafty work cut out for me as I am going to try my hand at some design projects!
  • Create fabric flowers to attach to the curtains
  • Refurbish and old drab french memo board
  • Create a reading nook in the corner of the room with swag lighting and mountable wall bookshelves
  • Hand-make the girls' mobiles from ribbon and silk flowers
I can't wait to share the progress with you guys!

Love,
Jackie

No comments:

Post a Comment