Tuesday, June 29, 2010

"Sleep Deprivation" or "I Tried to Eat My Daughter's Shoe"

So there I was last night... It was sometime between 12:30am and 3am. Amelia sprawled out on the floor in front of me. She was crying and had mysteriously pulled her foot out of one of her shoes that she has to wear to correct her clubbed feet. The shoe has 3 super tight buckles that she somehow managed to maneuver around and the shoe is attached to the other shoe by a brace that holds her feet at a 70 degree angle. So, there I was wondering how our little Houdini pulled off her magic trick... AGAIN.
I removed said crying baby's shoe but was to tired exhausted to attempt putting the shoe back on which is quite the painful process of pulling the buckles as tight as you can possibly imagine. (we have to check everyday and make sure they don't develop sores or blisters on their feet).

What happened next is beyond me. I was sitting there shoe in hand, and prior to waking up the last thing I was doing was sitting on the couch watching some show about guys who "pick" through people's garages to find "treasures" to auction or sell and eating a drumstick, which can I just say I haven't had in like 10 years. I must have reverted back to thinking that I was eating a drumstick because the next thing I knew I had Amelia's shoe to my mouth.

Seriously.

About the same time I returned to conscienceness and realized what the heck I was doing my mother (who was rocking Stella on the ground next to me) was staring in disbelief and said "Jackie... did you just try to eat your daughter's shoe?" To which I replied "I think so. I thought it was my drumstick..."

Duh mom... don't all shoes at 3am resemble drumsticks?

We laughed uncontrolably for what seemed like a really long time.

My mom promptly ordered me back to bed and she tended to our babies so I would not attempt another late night snacking on my daughter's shoes!

1 comment: