Thursday, March 24, 2011

10 month love.

They are 10 months old. Tomorrow. My heart is a little panicked, I must admit. Weren't we just figuring out how to strap them into their car seats properly for our ride home from the hospital? Me, sitting next to them holding their little 5 pound 4 ounce bodies still in their car seats, propping them up with blankies- those car seats really seem dauntingly scary with a little itty bitty peanut inside of them.

We took them home and stared in amazement at our little amazing creatures as they flinched their little arms and fingers and looked all around, seeing the world for the first time.

We stared for about 5 minutes and then ensued the never ending list of diaper changing, bottle feeding, singing, rocking, playing, cleaning up, walks to the park, Praise Baby, teething rings, and oragel and my perpetually full cup of coffee... and here we are today, me slightly sorrowful, as I realize this season is quickly coming to an end.

The first year. I know we are still 2 months away, but I am keenly aware that it is right around the corner. I hope my heart can take it.

We are putting up baby gates and growth charts and they are eating puffs, crawling all over and Amelia can even stand up in her crib and against objects. We've rapidly been baby proofing our little house. And above all, we're trying to soak in all of these "lasts," for we surely know the inevitable is happening.

They are growing up.  And I am finding myself praying a lot more, crying out to God in the stillest of moments and in the chaos of it all to protect their hearts, to watch over them, that they would be secure in sensing the Great Author of their lives as they develop their personalities and that we (the parents) would be Christlike examples of what it means to walk in the ways of the Lord. Not to be perfect, but to walk in His truth, and love, and grace.

Oh Lord, how I long for more of you. How I need your peace today. Thank you for our precious gifts and for entrusting them to us. Give us wisdom to guide them.

10 MONTH LOVE.


10 months- Steady As We Go from Jackie Perez on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment