Monday, April 25, 2011

11 months

Done.

Today my little girls turn 11 months old. Just one more month and I will know longer be mommy to babies. In one month they become toddlers. I can barely even type the word "toddlers." At just the mere thought of it my heart starts pounding and my breathing begins to shorten as I begin to come to grips with the closing of this season. This era. This era that has completely shaken me and awakened my heart. The era of becoming a mommy. Of finding myself in something bigger than me. Of becoming closer to Jesus as I discovered yet another piece of His beautiful and wonderful creation of mankind. Yes, this era is coming quickly to a close. As I write this, I find it hard to hold back the tears. My babies are growing faster than I can keep up with and certainly faster than I am ok with. But, whether I cope or not, it is coming.

I am thankful for Jesus and His grace that covers me and helps me cope. I am thankful for my hubby, an amazing father and partner. I am thankful that though, it may seem like our lives are hurdling towards something we are not ready for, He is enough. I am thankful that the end of this era is really just the beginning.

Enjoy the 2nd to last video in our first year video series. sigh.


Happy 11 months! from Jackie Perez on Vimeo.


PS- Just in case you might be wondering what sort of fun things the girls might be up to:
Stella smacks her lips together to give kisses (she doesn't actually kiss you but she makes the noise and imitates when I kiss her!)
Amelia plays peek a boo with EVERYTHING. Her faves are her bib while she is eating and her blanky while she is drinking her bottle in the crib.
They know how to capture your attention and they will look to make sure you are watching them.
They love slides and teeter totters.
We walk (I walk, they are pushed in the double stroller) for 1 hour a day. They love it.
They stand on everything and are desperately trying to walk.
They say 'mama' 'dada' 'nana' 'rara' 'baba' and screech at the top of their lungs
Amelia is 28.5 inches tall and 22 lbs.
Stella is 27.5 inches tall and I don't know what she weighs but it is probably 21 lbs.
They always know how to make me laugh and they never pass up a time to be tickled or thrown in the air!

No comments:

Post a Comment