Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas Celebrations and the End of 15 weeks!


We had a wonderful Christmas!
On Dec. 18th we hosted a Christmas party for our dear friends in the Dominican Republic. They are people we've come to call family. We do life and ministry together- the good, the bad, and the ugly! Some have branched out and started their own ministries and we are humbled to walk alongside each and everyone here! There was great food cooked by all, fun fellowship, and a few games!

The crew after our White Elephant Gift Exhange!

In the Dominican, December 24th is "family day." This is the day they celebrate Christmas. We went to Alan's parent's house and Alan's sister, Fanny had prepared quite a feast for us! It was so good, and even better as leftovers for the 3 days that followed!


Our nieces opening their little gifts we gave them... Headbands and matching bracelets.

On Christmas, Alan and I started new traditions (presents in the morning & making my mom's biscuits and gravy) and continued ones from last year (movies all day and homemade pizza for dinner!!), though I am unhappy to say my morning sickness returned with a vengeance and I spent most of the day throwing up everything I consumed. It was so comforting though to be spending the day celebrating our Savior's birth with my love!


The end of last week marked the end of 15 weeks as well and my belly is a growing! In case you're wondering, last week the fruit our babies most resembled in size was a naval orange and this week, we've got avocados ripening!! We return to the Dr.'s in 2 weeks and are praying we'll be able to find out the sexes. I will be in my 18th week by then, which is the half way point to our 36 week full-term goal!!


Much love!!

The Perez Fam

1 comment:

  1. love your home,love your wedding,love your ministry team,love your belly!

    ReplyDelete