Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Be. Inspired. Celebrating Sophi and Raena

Meet sweet Sophi and Raena. They are identical twins and this picture of them with me and my sweet baby girls was taken on their birthday here in the Dominican Republic.



5 years ago S & R entered the world 2 & 1/2 months before their due date... amongst many complications they were born profoundly deaf. They underwent surgery and received cochlear implants and today both speak and sign. 

Since before they entered the world these little girls were fighters. survivors. They were destined to be inspire-ers :) & Jesus lovers! It constantly amazes me at their faith and how they live out their love for Christ and for others. In 5 years they have overcome more obstacles and celebrated more glorious victories than many adults I know. They truly are lovely little ladies that will melt your heart.

We have been praying for these girls- Just this week they made the transition from a special needs school to public school, which I was clued into just what a big deal this is. There is no doubt in my mind that these girls will conquer this with the same grace and love with which they conquer most things in their lives, which is in no small part due to their amazing parents, Jeff & Vicki Rogers.

Jeff, Vicki, Sophi and Raena- such a joy and an honor to do life with you guys. I am constantly amazed at how your family lives for Christ. I pray my little girls will one day have the faith and courage to live their lives so beautifully honoring Christ as your (not so little anymore) babies do!

Blessing to you today!!



** Each week I post a little something to inspire readers. Mostly, it is whatever has inspired me throughout the week! Hope you enjoy!!



No comments:

Post a Comment