Thursday, August 26, 2010

The Great Menu Exchange: Monday's Recipe

I am participating in the Great Menu Exchange, and online collaboration of tried and true recipes! I will be submitting a full week's worth of my yummy recipes and in return will receive an online cookbook of all our the collaborators recipes! (I hope this will help my great cooking dilemma of trying to come up with ideas of what to cook. I am sure I lost a few brain cells delivering my twins!!)

My Menu:
Monday: BBQ Chicken Pizza
Tuesday: Orange Wine Pork Chops- Crock Pot Style
Wednesday: Southern Chicken Broccoli Casserole
Thursday: Grandma's Triple Meat Spaghetti Sauce
Friday: Spicy Veggie Beef Soup
Saturday: Pulled Pork Sandwiches a la Crock Pot
Sunday: Spicy Mexican Chicken Tacos

**All of these recipes will be added to the "recipe" tab on my blog! Enjoy!!


Monday's recipe: BBQ Chicken Pizza
Shopping List:
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1/2 large red onion
Pizza Crust mix (I buy the prepackaged Betty Crocker mix, or you can be Martha and make your own)
1 cup of your favorite BBQ Sauce (I like original)
2 cups (at least) of grated mozzarella cheese
1 tsp. of garlic paste (or if you can chop your own)
3 tblsp. of olive oil
Sprinkling of parmesan cheese
**a few sprigs of cilantro (optional)

Make it:
1. Prepare pizza crust as directed on box. Heat oven to 450 degrees.
2. In a small bowl mix the 2 tblsp. of olive oil with 1 tsp. of garlic paste and a sprinkle of oregano.
3. Roll out the pizza crust and brush with the garlic/oregano/olive oil mixture. Put in the oven and bake until golden brown. 
4. Chop up the raw chicken into bite sized pieces and cook in a skillet with 1/4 cup of chopped red onion and 1 tbslp. of olive oil.  When the chicken is golden brown add 1/4 cup of the BBQ sauce to coat the chicken. Salt and pepper to taste.
5. Remove the pizza crust and spread the remaining 3/4 cup of BBQ Sauce on the crust. Add the cooked chicken. Cut up the remaining raw onion into thin slices and add that to the pizza. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and top with as much mozzarella cheese as you like! (For me, the higher the mountain of cheese the better!)
6. Cook pizza in the oven until the cheese is golden brown and bubbly.
7. Remove the pizza and add a few chopped up sprigs of cilantro to the top of your pizza.
8. Cut and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment