Sunday, August 22, 2010

Craft Day!!

Today was one of those days. We didn't go to church because we were tired downright exhausted from last night.

Amelia refused to go to sleep... like she was hopped up on crack or something...

We tried everything.

Short of driving around in the car with her... mainly because I was tired I thought I would fall asleep at the wheel.

Anyway, I had been wanted to knock out a few craft projects, and today turned out to be the perfect day.

In lieu of church we put on worship music, albeit Praise Baby Worship Collection... that's right, all you mamas out there know what I am talking about. In fact my girls are asleep in their room and guess what I am listening to out in the office... yep, Praise Baby.

Craft # 1: Redo the Canisters

I am terrible with taking "before" photos. I always jump right in and then as an after thought remember those dang before shots... oops. Let's just say the jars had these ugly black metal signs that wrapped all the way around and covered the entire jar so you could barely see what was inside of them. They read "pasta, coffee, sugar, tea, pepper, salt"

Who stores salt or pepper in a canister of this size?

Seriously?

They had to go.

My friend Vicky is always doing such fun stuff with chalkboard paint (like spray painting pots for plants and then using chalkboard paint to make a label for what's inside... I'll be doing that soon, and posting pics later this week, now that I too, am obsessed with chalkboard paint!!)

Back to the canisters. I simply removed said ugly metal label and painted a big patch of chalkboard paint on front (it took 3 coats to get even). Tied 2 colors of pretty ribbon on and used chalk to write what's inside and voila! New Canisters.

They make me happy.

Not as happy as my second craft though!

Behold, the Disney jar...


There's not many other happier places this side of heaven than Disneyland.

I am not joking.

I love it all. the rides, especially the kids rides! My favorites are still Mr. Toads Wild Ride and Peter Pan. The character breakfast, sigh, the character breakfast. I even like it's a small world.

It's a small world after all, it's a small world after all, it's a small world after all, it's a small small world.

Is the song in your head yet?

All my mom wants for her 50th birthday (in 2012, sorry mom, I outed your age) is to go to Disneyland.

The whole family. Me, Alan, Amelia, Stella, Hank, J.D., Matt, and Kyle.

For Christmas!!

Of course I am giddy with excitement, except, do you know how expensive it is for a family of 4 to go to Disney these days? Ridiculously stupidly expensive.

Thus, the Disney jar was born. We'll be collecting our change for the next two years in hopes of being able to pay for tickets breakfast at Disney!

Back to the jar. Again I removed ugly canister label, added some paint and lots of ribbon and a few flowers and that's it! Plus it matches the cute ribbon mobiles I made for the girls cribs, which they just started to notice this week! (When the fan hits the ribbon it gently sways them and the girls love looking at them!!)


I have a list a mile long of fun craft projects that I want to get to... maybe that will be what we do on Sundays... though next time, we'll go to church first!

Peace!

3 comments:

  1. Sigh... Disneyland. My happy place too! We went just a few months ago with Jackson and I am already dreaming of going back. People think I'm crazy but I have a feeling you understand. ;) What a fantastic family trip ~ and your girls will be such a fun age!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dying laughing at 'hopped up on crack' Hey--I have a $$$ saving Disney tip for you-Will email it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so cute! I love your jars, what a great idea for the chalkboard paint:)

    ReplyDelete