Sunday, August 29, 2010

The Great Menu Exchange: Tuesday's Recipe- Orange Wine Chops!

I am participating in the Great Menu Exchange, and online collaboration of tried and true recipes! I will be submitting a full week's worth of my yummy recipes and in return will receive an online cookbook of all our the collaborators recipes! (I hope this will help my great cooking dilemma of trying to come up with ideas of what to cook. I am sure I lost a few brain cells delivering my twins!!)

My Menu:
Monday: BBQ Chicken Pizza
Tuesday: Orange Wine Pork Chops- Crock Pot Style
Wednesday: Southern Chicken Broccoli Casserole
Thursday: Grandma's Triple Meat Spaghetti Sauce
Friday: Spicy Veggie Beef Soup
Saturday: Pulled Pork Sandwiches a la Crock Pot
Sunday: Spicy Mexican Chicken Tacos

**All of these recipes will be added to the "recipe" tab on my blog! Enjoy!!


Tuesday's Recipe: Orange Wine Pork Chops- CP Style!
Shopping List:
4 center cut pork chops cut 1 inch thick
1 jar (16 oz) of your favorite orange marmalade
1 small white onion
1/4 cup of Chardonnay or your favorite white wine (I love a good Sauvignon Blanc for this!)
2 sticks of cinnamon
a dash of cinnamon
salt and pepper to taste

Make it:
1. Turn on your crock-pot to the lowest setting
2. Chop your white onion into strips and place in the bottom of the CP
3. Salt and pepper both sides of the pork chops and place on top of the onion in the CP
4. Spoon the marmalade on top of the chops
5. Pour the wine over everything and sprinkle with cinnamon and add the cinnamon sticks
6. Cover and cook on low heat for 4 1/2 hours to 6 hours. Discard cinnamon sticks
7. Serve over steamed white rice with steamed broccoli and orange slices (optional)
8. Enjoy the rest of the bottle of wine!! (also optional!)


**Recipe courtesy of Sandra Lee Semi-Homemade slow cooker recipes

2 comments:

  1. Made this last night...very yummy! Thanks for all the recipes! :-)

    P.S. How do you make your blog header?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Megan! So glad you enjoyed it- it's one of my favorite recipes!! I made the blog header in Photoshop!

    ReplyDelete